Protein bars, or Grandma's Cookies
Soft and chewy, quick and easy.
- 1 Tbsp Flax meal
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1 1/3 cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 1 cup Hulled Hemp Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter or Pumpkin Seed Butter for Nut Free
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- Combine Flax and water in a bowl, set aside to form texture of an egg. In a large mixing bowl, combine oat flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, oats, and hemp seeds.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt honey and almond butter together. Remove from heat when just combined, careful not to boil.
- Pour over flour mixture, add your flax egg and 1/2 cup water, then mix well. Add chocolate chips and raisins.
- Press into 9"x 13" glass baking dish, but squish in 2-3" from one end, so your dough is about 9"x 11" Bake 350 F for 20 mins.
- Cool, slice, and serve. (They're delicious warm out of the oven, too...) I wrapped the bars individually for a grab and go meal. I'm storing them in my fridge to stay fresh, though I'm not sure they'll last long around here!