Hemp Banana Pancakes
This mouth watering banana pancake recipe is gluten free and allergy friendly- making them a hit in every kitchen. They come out moist and fluffy, just like banana bread and have a crispy outside, the perfect combination.
HempE Banana Pancakes
- 2 tbsp Flax Meal
- 6 tbsp Water
- 3/4 cup Sugar Organic cane sugar recommended
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 cups Flour Mixture see recipe below
- 1/3 cup Complete Truth Protein
- 1/2 cup Sweet n' Cinnamon Seasoned Hemp Seeds
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (unsweetened original would work, too)
- 3 Ripe Bananas mashed
- Flour Mixture - yields approximately 7 cups - Pre-mix these ingredients & store in a container for future use.
- 2 1/2 cups brown Rice Flour
- 2 cups White Rice Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Potato Starch
- 3/4 cup Tapioca Starch
- Mix Flax and water together, set aside. In large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Preheat griddle pan on medium heat.
- Add oil, flax "egg", vanilla, and almond milk into your flour mixture. Blend well. Stir in mashed bananas.
- Wet your hands, and then flick your fingers above the pan to test. If it's heated and ready for batter, the water will sizzle and evaporate quickly.
- Pour batter onto pan, a spoon full per pancake. Cook approx. 3 mins per side, being careful not to burn. This picture shows when they're ready to flip. Since they cook a little more like banana bread than a pancake, if you wait for bubbles to pop, they will be a bit overcooked.