Gluten, Dairy, And Egg Free Batter
This batter is perfect for fish or chicken strips. Allergy friendly plus so much extra nutrition!
- 1/3 cup garbanzo Bean Flour aka Chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup Complete Truth Protein Original
- 1/3 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flax Seeds aka Flax meal
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp thrive Life Chef's choice Seasoning
- "Milk and Egg" Re-placer
- 1 Tbsp Ground Chia Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened coconut milk (from a carton, not a can)
- Mix all dry ingredients together in 1 bowl to create your flour. In another bowl, mix chia seeds and water together. Let stand for 3-5 mins, and then add milk. Whisk well until combined.
- Coat fish/chicken in the flour.
- Then move into "egg and milk" bowl, and coat well.
- Transfer back into the flour bowl and coat well.
- Fry in a generous amount of oil approx. 6 minutes/side, depending on your meat. Ensure internal temperature indicates meat is cooked before serving. I substituted tartar sauce for hummus, as it's allergy friendly for our family.